BusFish® is an ODX-based reprogramming and diagnostic tool.
The tool is based on 2 principles:
- Simple and intuitive user-interface for a fast and reliable usage of the tool.
- As much as possible options and features for advanced reprogramming and debugging.
These 2 principles let to the main concept of BusFish® :
Depending on its usage it can be started in different modes.
- Developer Mode
For defining flows, analyzing bus protocols, developing and integrating own scripts .
- User Mode
Predefined actions, jobs and commented data.
The main target of BusFish is to create user defined sequences, e.g. reprogramming or diagnostic flows.
Developer mode allows the user to access all feature of BusFish®, 5 windows may be visible:
- CAN Protocol services for example UDS from an ODX database
- Window with self made flows
- Editor to configure a flow
- CAN watch window to see the CAN raw data
- Output window to see the interpretation of the CAN raw data from ODX
In current Beta version:
- A plug-in interface, which allows user to create their own jobs.
- CAN-parameter to define ODX independent parameters.
- If-Then-Else with variables for ECU response or user interaction,
- If-Communication lost,
- Motorola SRecord and IntelHex-file support.
- Binary data format.
- The Flow can be build via drag and drop from ODX Services and BusFish®Jobs.
- Dedicated project specific plug-ins can be added with C#.
- Complex generic tasks like security access, file operations, pre- and post-processing
(e.g. store of uploaded data on a network drive with ECU serial number) can be defined in a common programming language.
- These plug-ins have to be stored as .NET assemblies with BusFish® interface.
- In developer mode The Flow can be executed in single step/breakpoint for debug purposes.
With user mode the configured flows can be accessed and executed easily, 3 windows may be visible
- Flow selection
- Output window to see the interpretated data
- CAN watch window to see the CAN raw data if needed